Saturday, September 18, 2010

the skinny on gettin skinny

Lets face reality.

Its hard to change.

Its hard to break our habits.

Its hard to do something different, to be different.

Its been over a year. I am thinner. But not as healthy as I'd like.

The past 3 months have been the hardest. Getting married, moving into a new house, living with someone new. Trying to get the hang on things.

I have not lost a single pound since getting married. Its not from lack of trying. I eat well.. And I exercise. A lot.. I'm not sure what's going on. Its been very hard. I am happy. I love my life. I love my body. I like me. But I want to be healthier. And I know I still carry a lot of extra pounds that I shouldn't.

But lets be honest. This is hard. I don't want to always eat right or exercise. And seriously.. who always does? Besides maybe Arnold..

But we regular people. We have husbands who like pizza. We have families that want ice cream. We have jobs that provide free lunches. We love our treats.. or meats.. our starbucks.

But lets look deep into ourselves. Who controls us? Do we? Or do we let those things control us? Who's in charge of my health? ME. Yes.. ME.

I'm not just who people assume I am. Because I use to be 204 pounds. Because I wore big pants and shirts. That doesn't define me. But Who controls my life. Yes.. that is everything. Because that makes me who I am.

So to be skinny. I simply live my life with me in control. Completely aware of me.
The good parts, the strong parts, and the parts of me that want to just give up. And by loving all those parts that make me who I am. I am able to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment