Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I was morbidly obese.

Do you know a BMI (body mass index) of 30 or more is "obese".

When I weighed 204 pounds my BMI was 41.2. Any BMI over 35 is considered "morbid obesity". Any BMI over 40 is stage 3 obese.

Which means I was stage 3 and morbidly obese.

That fact gives me chills. Even after a year and a half later. I can not believe I was that big.

Check me out...
























This is perhaps one of the worst pictures of me. From a few years ago. seriously. wow.















You see, I didn't really realize what I was doing. I was overweight since I was about 8. I didn't really understand calories. I knew what foods were healthy. But for some reason. The two didn't connect. I can't explain it. I just didn't get it. When I was an adult I didn't think it was possible to lose weight on purpose.

The sad part is, I still have a BMI of 28. Still overweight.

I needed to see it for what it really is. Death.

Sometimes I might seem crazy for the way I eat. Because its not like other people.

But I must be this way. Because I want to live.

And here I am today. (well.. last week)








Its more than what I look like. Its about my health.

Who knows the damage I've already done. Being healthy is worth eating things that aren't always the tastiest or most popular. Its worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment