Monday, December 13, 2010

the chubby wife

As much as I try to pretend like being married doesn't effect my health. It totally does!

Since getting married 6 months ago.. I had gained.. yes. 10 pounds. I was exercising.. and eating healthy. I just wasn't eating as little or as exact as I did before the big day.

One day I finally had to admit.. I was gaining... but the strange this was. I didn't feel bigger. In fact my clothes were the same. So perhaps it was water weight. But anyways.. I have lost 8 of those pounds in the past 2 weeks. And am happily back to eating less than 1200 calories. And I am about to go running.

I don't feel badly about the last 6 months. I have totally enjoyed not being so intense about fitness. I recommend cutting yourself some honey moon slack and enjoying your life a bit. But as my husband makes himself tasty snack and eats another helping of pasta. I take a sip of his home made milk shake, I leave a little pasta on my plate, and drink some extra water.. all to stay in shape.

I know it was my diet. So I'm cutting back. And it feels good! I even got my hair cut.

Being a wife is a whole new department for weight loss. You have to start all over and try new methods. And I'm sure being a mother is even more difficult.

But I am seeing that scale go back down. And I'm feeling hopeful. And I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment