Sunday, February 20, 2011

Giving up.

Its so easy to give up.. isn't it?

Its been almost 2 years since I began this journey. At times it feels like nothing is changing.. and then I look at pictures of how I use to look.. and can not believe the change..

Or I put on a size 10 jeans.. and they fit!

Its puzzling to think that my weight isn't going down and yet I'm getting smaller.
Its easy to measure this journey in pounds... cuz after all.. pounds are what everyone wants to hear about.

I know eventually the pounds will even out. And I am sooo glad to see my tummy shrinking.. even if it is ever so slow.

I feel like I am slowly learning how to eat normal.. like having cake at a party. But a small slice with no ice cream. Or drinking tea, but having it black. Using every chance to get in some calorie burning activities, even if its cleaning my house. Choosing to exercise, even when I'm tired.

I've felt a little stuck in this journey lately. No less inspired.. Just anxious.

I've been counting calories like crazy. (myfitnesspal.com)

Its all worth it... Feeling better. Being comfortable in who I am.. knowing my heart is beating freely.. and my lungs are not being pushed down..

It feels like discovering life all over again..

I know this is life long. And no matter how slow the race. I will finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment