Friday, May 14, 2010

Going forward.

Sometimes I just sit and look at my diet.com profile. I read the numbers over and over..

My starting weight- 204

My current weight- 148

My goal weight- 130

weight loss since joining- 56 pounds

I am honestly still in shock at what I've done. Both to become 204 pounds to begin with.. and then to loose 56 pounds. I saw the film "Super Size Me" for the first time the other day. Do you know that entreme sudden weight gain can cause Liver problems and eventually liver failure? Do you know that you actually cause yourself to be sick by being overweight?

I felt sick all the time when I was 204 pounds. I had headaches.. a hard time breathing.. not to mention being depressed and insecure. I would have never have thought to tell people oh.. I'm "Sick".. Is being overweight the same as having a sickness? I don't smoke or drink. I think of those things as harmful to my body. Two things that could eventually cause diseases and death. But being overweight?

Its pretty normal to see a bunch of obese people around town. In fact.. its rare to find healthy looking people in the local town near me. Health is not necessarily our utmost concern. We wait till we are diabetic or are stuck in a wheel chair. Then we are like.. oh when did this happen? Woops.

The crazy thing is.. every meal counts. Your body has to process it all. Not to say I have the perfect diet. I'm just saying.. my body has to digest these things. I choose how I fuel my body. Because what is food? Its just fuel... right? Some times it seems its become more of a hobby that a need.

Today I woke up wanting to exercise. In fact I've been kinda grouchy lately. It could be the wedding plans, maybe I'm turning bridezilla, or the fact that my fiance and I just drove 3000 miles across the US this past week.. It could be lots of things.. But I decided this morning that exercise would help me to feel better. So.. I got my fiance, who is not overweight at all.. to do "Biggest Loser" bootcamp. We both almost puked after we were done. I mentioned in a recent blog that I was going to do my own "work out" thing. And so I did. And I will continue to do so. Even if my family is doing one handed push ups from their crazy work out video. I will stay true to myself... and my goals. Because I know what works for me.

And sometimes we need to do what is best for us.

Remember... food is fuel.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment