Wednesday, December 29, 2010

What's in this drink?

Today I had plans to get some Coffee with my husband. We got Starbucks gift cards for christmas. I have a deep love for chai tea lattes, especially from this one particular starbucks. Its delish! However it also has wayyy too many calories. On my last visit I switched to fat free milk in it. Cut out a little calories...but the sugar.. oh the sugar!! I knew it was loaded. So I went to starbucks.com and looked up low cal options. I am not so much a coffee drinker. So I was looking for a tea option. And happily I found a brewed tea with zero calories! YES! And I added some fake sugar. I got a venti for 2.45. Cheap and calorie free! The I picked up 2 boxes of tea bags from the store on the way home. I drink herbal tea, most times with no milk and a little bit of sweetener and sometimes a little honey. Roobios Red tea is my new favorite. Its very good.


So.. the question is.. what's in this drink?

I saw tons of people getting their warm holiday drinks as we sat and drank ours. There can't be that much sugar and calories in coffee.. right?

Did you know an eggnog latte has 470 calories in a grande? 48 grams of sugar! and 21 grams of fat! woh now! that's almost half my day's calories!

Did you know you can cut the calories by getting (most) lattes made "skinny" sugar free with nonfat milk. With 130 calories in stead.. and no fat! Try it out.. Your hips won't regret it! Or try out the brewed tea.. Its yummy.


Here is a link to starbucks.
http://www.starbucks.com/menu/drinks/tazo-tea/tazo-vanilla-rooibos-brewed-tea?foodZone=9999
You might be surprised by What's in your drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment