Friday, April 30, 2010

Oh to be a bride.

Good morning!

If you've been following me on diet.com you may know that I am engaged. On June 12th I will be saying "I do" to my boyfriend/fiance of 3 years 3 months & 2 weeks. (yes.. I still keep track). Yesterday was a fantastic moment. I took my dress to a bridal shop to be taken in. 2 hours later.. they finally finishing pinning my oversized dress. I bought this dress when I was 204 pounds. She has to take in 2 inches on both sides at the top!! As she pinned away I watched myself transform... I watched the pound disappear in an instant. And who I once was finally.. was no longer who I saw in the mirror. With great anticipation I happily stood in the gown of my dreams. A bride in the perfect white dress. Waiting for her groom. Literally waiting, since I have not seem my fiance in a few months.

Oh to be a bride.

I never thought I would get married. I wanted to.. I knew someday.. someone might Love me for who I was. But truly, I thought I might have to pay someone to truly understand me. My fiance met me a long time ago. He has loved me not for what I look like, but for who I am. Which makes weight loss so much more exciting. I know I don't have to look a certain way for him to be happy. So the fact that I'm thinner is an extra bonus.

It still surprises me that I am the bride. I am the one in Love. The one with the handsome man to marry.. the one with the big diamond ring. And it had nothing to do with the way I looked. I am loved, because I am me.

In 43 days I will put on my white perfectly fitted gown. My father will give me away. And I will Marry the Love of my life. And it will be beautiful, and perfect, all because of Love. And nothing else will matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment